FINAL DISSERTATION SURVEY TEMPLATE
The Beach Center has focused over the last decade on the outcome of family quality of life. We define family quality of life as referring to the extent to which families’ needs are met, family members enjoy their life together, and family members have a chance to do the things that are important to them. Based on our research, the five domains of family quality of life are Emotional Well-Being, Parenting, Family Interaction, Physical/Material Well-Being, and Disability-related Support.
Our work on family quality of life has involved research, teaching, and technical assistance. The major topics that we have addressed include:
- Identifying perspectives of families, service providers, and administrators think is important in family life
- Measuring family quality of life
- Studying how partnerships affect family quality of life
- Identifying what predicts and contributes to family quality of life
- Providing practical information for families and practitioners related to enhancing family quality of life
- Preparing resources to be used in teacher education related to enhancing family quality of life
Arising from an international symposium held in 2000, this book synthesizes research and personal viewpoints on family-quality-of-life issues.
This book may be ordered through Amazon.
This textbook contains 12 chapters organized into three major sections: family systems perspective, history and public policy related to partnerships, and strategies and processes for enhancing partnerships and outcomes.